Thursday, December 24, 2015

Time flies

It's been nearly three months since I started talking to/started seeing my now girlfriend. And wow, what an incredible three months it has been. It feels like we've been together for much longer than that, the way we just click and understand each other so well. As this relationship progresses, more and more I am realizing that this is what I've been missing from my life. She utterly completes me in every way, shape, and form.
She managed to put up with me throughout my 6 weeks of Equine clinics, which was a feat in itself. Bringing me food when needed, coming over at the drop of a hat to my place with her dog in tow, spending the night so we could maximize time together, making me sit down and study/telling me I need to get some sleep even though we'd both rather be up late talking/chatting to one another. She's just SO good to me, it's ridiculous.
We were apart two weeks, which was pretty difficult; all I wanted to be was back in her arms. I just got back from my trip out to see her for her graduation from undergrad. It was a mind-blowing 5 day trip of just her, all to myself. Just... wow. I don't think I've ever spent that length of time with someone (literally the entire 5 days) without getting tired of the other person. But, not with her. We just craved one another and definitely utilized the small amount of time we had. Now we have another two weeks apart from one another, and it isn't any easier.
You know, sometimes I am still questioning to myself 'Am I good enough for her?' I'd seen her profile a few times on Okcupid, but never messaged her before. She just somehow seemed... out of my league, you know? And sometimes those feelings crop back up again. Maybe because things just seem *too* perfect right now. 
Alas, this is as happy as I've ever been; we spent a little bit of time talking about our future on the drive to the airport a few days ago. Since she is going to be gone for 6 months next year, this talk needs to come a little sooner than I would ideally like in a relationship, but it needs to happen. I need to know that she realizes what she is in for dating a veterinarian (the debt). And make sure we are on the same page with other things in general about life. We definitely seem to be and she made it sound like she'd follow me wherever I needed to go for a job post graduation.
I'm just very much looking forward to starting to build my life with this wonderful woman I've met. The term soulmate is becoming more and more relevant to her. I just am excited to finish school and finally start our life together and all that comes after. For now, we will take what life is going to throw at us (my vet school schedule of being at school and traveling and her leaving to hike the AT for 6 months). We'll get through it. It won't be easy, but we will. I'd wait for her through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment